Click on the image above to download the myAIRVO 2 benefits brochure. Take it with you to your GP to discuss if the myAIRVO 2 will benefit you.
To find out if the F&P myAIRVO 2 is right for you, click on the Contact Us button below and one of our clinicians will be in contact to discuss your options and help you with any enquiries.
Who will benefit?
This device can be an absolute game changer for patients suffering from any type of respiratory condition or who need supplemental oxygen. Specifically, sufferers of COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Bronchiectasis, Pulmonary fibrosis, Asthma, Asbestosis, Lung cancer and so on, can benefit from this treatment from children to adults. If you have ever been admitted to hospital due to a sudden worsening of symptoms including shortness of breath and an overwhelming increase in the quantity of phlegm, the chances are that you have already used an AIRVO!
The myAIRVO 2 can help relieve:
- Shortness of breath
- Dry irritable cough
- Inability to clear secretions
- Frequent chest infections
- Frequent hospital re-admissions
- Nose bleeds (especially for patients on supplemental oxygen)
The F&P myAIRVO 2 is the home-use version of the AIRVO used in hospital. The device acts as an upper airway humidifier in conjunction with High Flow Therapy (HFT).
The device creates a high flow situation with an internal motor that pressurises the air and pushes it through a heated humidifier chamber that contains distilled water. As the air passes over the water, it collects the humidification particles and then it enters a high end heated tube that delivers the exact amount of humidity and flow needed to a nasal cannula, face mask or by direct connection with a tracheostomy tube if applicable.
Two main functions:
The myAIRVO 2 has the ability to deliver 37 degrees Celsius & 100% relative humidity simultaneously. This is the optimum environment needed for our body to effectively clear secretions from our lungs and at the same time, re-hydrate our airway.
High Flow Therapy (HFT)
This component helps reduce the strain of breathing and ensures maximum clearance ability when delivering the humidified air. This is particularly important for patients suffering from respiratory failure, asthma and COPD related exacerbations, pneumonia and so on.
1. Fill the chamber with distilled water and lock into place.
2. Connect the heated breathing tube and slide the connection flange downward to secure.
3. Connect oxygen supply (if needed).
4. Press and hold the power button to turn the device on and wait for the tick to show after the warm up cycle.
5. The mode button looks like a triangular play arrow (fourth button on the left-hand-side). Pressing this will toggle between temperature, flow, day/night mode and the compliance hour meter.
6. Use the up and down buttons to control the temperature and flow settings as required.
7. Put on the nasal cannula or mask and breathe normally
After using the device, press the power button to turn off. The machine will then go into a 99 minute drying cycle that will also disinfect the tubing circuit. It is important not to turn the device off at the wall during this cycle.
Refer to the F&P myAIRVO 2 User Instructions for further information.
To ensure you get the most out of your F&P myAIRVO 2 there are a series of consumables that must be replaced regularly.
We have a monthly auto-ship option (min 12 months) that will ensure that you have fresh consumables delivered to your door as needed.
Alternatively, the individual prices are listed below.
- Optiflow Nasal Cannula $24 each replaced monthly
- HC365 Disposable Chamber $22 & Heated Breathing Tube $57 replaced every 2 months (Reusable Chamber available for $110)
- Air Filter $18 replaced every 3 months
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Please click on the relevant link below to download the F&P myAIRVO 2 simulation app on your Apple or Android device
Renting, Owning and Payment Plans
The F&P myAIRVO 2 device is available for rental. We will also deduct the first months hire from the purchase price if you find it successful and wish to buy one of your own*
(*T&C's apply, click here for more information)
Now you can breathe easy in the comfort of your own home! The team at CPAP Direct will be able to help you get started with the myAIRVO 2 in-home humidification device.